Procedure to attest Mark
Govt. Web sites|
services | Tourism
To obtain an employment visa/ labour Card in
United Arab Emirates/Gulf countries/ Other designated countries
- To pursue higher education in a foreign
- To write MOH (Ministry of Health) and DOH
(Dept. of Health) examinations by doctors, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory
- To get the equivalent certificates
Attestation in Education Certificates to be
completed first from the home Country, where the Certificates issued, then
the foreign Country the candidates seeking Employment
Procedure: Kerala Authentication of Certificates
(Thiruvananathapuram, Ernakulam, Kozhikkode)
Three authentication centers are
functioning in Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam and Kozhikode under
Government of Kerala for the authentication of the educational
certificates of Keralites. Authentication Officers from the General
Education Department are authenticating the educational certificates and
the MHRD guidelines are followed for authentication.
The authenticated certificates are forwarded to the NRK Development
Office, New Delhi for MEA attestation and the Embassy attestation and to
Mumbai for Consulate attestation. At present NORKA-ROOTS is submitting
the certificates in the Embassies of UAE, KSA and Kuwait for attestation
as per the requirements of the candidate.
EXISTING GUIDELINES FOR
AUTHENTIFICATION OF CERTIFICATES FROM VARIOUS CACs IN KERALA
1) Timings for Authentication - 10 A.M
to 2.30 P.M (Monday to Friday only)
2) Forms will be supplied free of cost on production of the Passport
of the Certificate holder.
3) Two Recent passport size photograph of the certificate holder.
(one should be affixed in the application form)
4) Copies of the following pages of the passport should be attached
along with the application form. (Orginal Passport should be
produced at the time of Registration)
A) Photo page
B) Address page
C) Page showing validity
5) Original and copy of 10th standard/SSLC
certificate is necessary for authenticating any Certificate.
6) Original and copy of Semester/Year wise Mark lists (Including all
Improvements and Supplementary) of all Certificates.
7) CONSOLIDATED MARKLISTS/ TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
8) Original and copy of all certificates, which is authenticated.
9) In addition to Certificate holders, the following Persons can
also submit Application for Authentication, along with their Photo
A) Applicantís parents
B) Brothers and Sisters of applicant
C) Applicantís Spouse
D) Father in law/ Mother in law. (They should produce marriage
10) Certificates issued by various
Universities/ Boards/ Councils with in the state of Kerala will only
11) Certificates issued by various agencies outside the state and
private Certificates will not be authenticated.
12) Provisional certificates will be authenticated only within six
months from the Date of issue. (Provisional NTC certificates will be
authenticated within two Years from the Date of issue)
The following Certificates (In
General) will be authenticated in various CACíS
1) All certificate issued by various
Universities in Kerala
2) Certificates awarded by NIT Calicut. (Only after verification)
3) Certificates issued by Joint controller of Technical Examinations, on
behalf of State Board of Technical Examinations.
4) Certificates issued by Secretary Board of Public Examinations Kerala,
viz SSLC, Type writing (lower/higher) Certificates. Short hand
(Lower/Higher) Certificates, TTC Certificates, etc.
5) Certificates awarded by Chairman, Board of examiners, on behalf of
Directorate of Medical Education (ex. D.Pharm, D.MLT, DMRT etc)
6) DNB Certificates issued by National Board of Examiners, will be
authenticated provided, the Applicant should study the same any of
Medical Colleges in Kerala and it should be added as an additional
qualification in their TC Medical Council Registration Certificate.
7) Certificates issued by NIOS will be authenticated provided; the
applicant should register in any of the regional centers of NIOS in
Kerala and should appear for the examination in any of the centers
inside the State of Kerala. Candidate should produce a certificate I
this regard from the authorities concerned
8) Certificates issued by KNC viz GNM, ANM, Certificates
9) NCVT/SCVT Certificates.
10) Equivalency Certificate for standard 10 issued by Kerala State
11) Certificates issued by IGNOU will be authenticated provided, the
applicant should register in any of the regional centers in Kerala. Such
certificates will be authenticated only after verification.
12) HDC / JDC Certificates
13) HSE / VHSE Certificates
14) CBSE /ICSE Certificates. (The Respective Schools should be within
the Jurisdiction of the State of Kerala )
The following certificates will
be authenticated only after verification (That is, these Certificates
will be forwarded to the issuing authority for checking its genuineness)
1) MS, MD. M.ch and various Medical
Diploma Certificates (DGO, DLO, DA, etc) possessed by a candidate will
be sent for verification if such Qualification are not added in their TC
Medical Council registration Certificate as additional qualification
2) M.Phil, PhD Certificates.
3) Certificates issued by NIT Calicut and IGNOU (please refer previous
The following certificates will
not be Authenticated in any of CACís in Kerala
1) Certificates issued by various Private Agencies
2) Various Registration Certificates
3) Mark lists (mark lists will be authenticated only for those students
who wish to join for higher studies in a foreign University/
4) Rank Certificates.
5) SET/ NET Certificates
6) Internship Certificates
7) Equivalency / Migration Certificates.
8) Apprentice certificates
9) Training certificates.
NOTE: 1) Candidates having only SSLC as
their educational qualification should produce a certificate in
prescribed format from the Head of the Institution/School.
2) Candidates having Medical/ Nursing/ Dental/ Pharma Qualifications
should produce their registration certificate.
∑ Service Charge of ROOTS - Rs.500/- + (Rs 250 for each additional
∑ Attestation fee of the State Government - Rs.50/- per certificate
∑ Attestation fee for UAE Embassy, Delhi / Consulate, Mumbai (if
required)- Rs.1500/- per certificate
∑ Attestation fee for Saudi Embassy (if required)- Rs.380/- per
∑ Attestation fee for Kuwait Embassy (if required)- Rs.1000/- per
The candidate himself/herself or his/her
close relative such as mother or father, sister or brother, wife or
husband etc, whose relation can be proved through ration card /
electoral card can submit the certificate for attestation.
For any assistance, please contact the
Certificate Authentication Centre
Phone: 0471 2317950, 2317951
Certificate Authentication Centre
V.M. Complex, Building No. 41/1313 B
C.P Ummer Road, Cochin
Phone : 0484 2371830, 2371810
Certificate Authentication Centre
2nd Floor, Zamorin Square
Link Road, Kozhikkode
Phone : 0495 2304882, 2304885
details of authentication centres in other states
Regional Authentication Centers (RACs)
1. Karnataka Shri. H.C Nagendra,
Deputy Secretary / Shri M.S. Mahanteshaiah,
Under Secretary, Home Department,Passport and Foreigners,
Room No.220, IInd Floor, Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore,
Tel: 080-22092540, 22092371 (O)
2. Maharashtra Smt. Seema Dhanderi, Joint Secretary, Shri. Kotwal,
School Education and Sports Deparment,
4th Floor Mantralaya Annexe, Mumbai-400032
Tel: 02222024237 (O), 24367773 ģ
3. Andhra Pradesh
Shri.K. Bikshamaiah, Joint Secretary (GPM & AR)
Shri M.A. Ghaffar, Joint Secretary(AIS),General Administration
Old Reception Hall, Near Old Gate, A.P.Secretariat Buildings,
Tel: 040-23454823 (O)
4. Tamil Nadu Public (Foreigners) Deparment,
Near Chief Secretary Officer,
Old Building, Third Floor, Chennai-9
5. Punjab (i) Smt. Joginder Kaur/Shri. Bakshi Ram,
Under Secretary, Department of Non- Resident Indian Affairs,
Government of Punjab, Ground Floor, Mini Secreetariat,
(ii)Dr. Atamjit Singh, Deputy Director ( Colleges ),
Director of Public Instruction © Punjab, Chandigarh.
6. West Bengal Shri. A.K. Barua, Section Officer, Home (Foreigner & NRI),
Shri.C. Raychaudhuri, Joint Secretary, (Home Deptt.)
Department Writers Building,
7. Goa (i) Dr. Bhaskar G. Nair,
Director of Higher Education.Government of Goa,
Junta House, 2nd Lift, 5th Floor, Panaji, Goa.
Tel: 2425582/85, Fax: 2425582, Mobile: 9822802572
(ii) Dr. Colsa Pinto,
Director of Education, Government of Goa, Panaji-Goa.
(iii) Shri. Aleixo F da
Costa state Director of Craftsmen Training,
Sharma Shakti Bhavan, 3rd floor, Patto Plaza, Panaji, Goa
(iv) Dr. Chandrasekhar,
Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto Prvorim Goa,
Tel: 0832-2413571, Fax: 2413571
8. Rajasthan (i) Dr. O.P. Gupta, Officer on Special Duty (OSD),
Department of Higher Education,
Room No 203, 2nd Floor,
Main Building, Government Secretariat, Rajasthan, Jaipur
Tel:0141-2227017(o) 9829132131(Mobile), 0141-2227017
Dr.O.P.Gupta, F-40, Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur(Rajasthan)
(ii)Shri Madhusudan Sharma
Tel: 0141-22227724(O),9950999703(Mobile), 0141-2227395
(iii) Shri K.K. Singhal
Tel: 0141-2227399 (O), 0141-2351535(R),
9. UT of Chandigarh
(i) Smt Kamla Bains,
District Education Officer, UT, Sector-42, Chandigarh
(ii) Sh. Gulzar Singh, Deputy Director Adult Education, UT,
10. Meghalaya Smt. R V Suchiang, IAS,
Commissioner & Secretary,
Education Department,Government of Meghalaya, Shillong
11. Bihar Sri Gopal Ji, Dy. Director, Higher Education, Human Resource
Govt of Bihar, Patna (for Magadh Univeristy, Bodh Gaya)
(ii) Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara
(iii)Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University,Bhagalpur.
2. Sri Vijay Kumar Himanshu, Dy. Director,
Higher Education for Patna University
3. Sri Sunil Kumar, Dy. Dir. Higher Education for
(a) Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambdekar Bihar University,
(b) Jai Prakash University, Chapra.
4. Sri Suryadeo Kumar Paswan, Asstt. Dir. Higher Education
(a) Lalit Narain Mithila Univeristy, Darbhanga
(b) Bhupendra Narain Mandal University, Madhepura
(c) Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University,
12. M.P Smt. S. Khandate, Under Secretary,
Higher Education Deptt. Direcotorate of Higher Education,
Satpura Bhwan, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh-462004
13. Mizoram Shri R.Malsawrna, Under Secretary,
Higher & Technical Education Department, Govt of Mizoram.
14. Jammu & Kashmir
(i) Shri R.K.Sharma, Special Secretary to Government,
Technical Education Department, J & k, Civil
Tel: (J) 0191-2546284,
(K) 0194-2485765, 941940855(M)
(ii)Prof. (Dr) Ali Mohammad Mir, Principal, SP. College,
Fax: 0194-2476828, Mob-9419010839,
Chandpora, Harwan, Srinagar, Kashmir191123,
(iii) Prof. Vijay Kotwal,
Principal C.G.M. Sc. College, Jammu
15. Dadra and NagarHaveli,
(i) Shri V C Pandey, Director of Education, and
(ii) Shri D Balalah, Assistant Director of Education,
(Admin) of the Administration of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, UT,
16. Sikkim Mr G.B.Niraula,
Joint Director (Examination) and Miss Diki Topeden,
Deputy Director (Examination) Human Resource
Govt. of Sikkim, Gangtok, Sikkim
17. NCT of Delhi Shri. D.M Khaneta,
Addl. D.E (Co-ordination)
18. U.P Mr.P.N. Batham
Tel:2238414, 0522-2238113, (M)9337349739 Fax: 0522-
19. Orrisa (i) Shri B.C. Jena, Spl. Secy, Home Deptt.
(ii) Sh. Tarun Kanti Mishra, Prin. Secy
Asstt. To Spl. Secy.
Tel: 0674-2322512 Fax: 2238113, Mobile:09839077600
20. Himachal Pradesh
Secy (Edu)- Himachal, Mr. P. Mishra
21. Haryana Higher Education Commissioner/Director Higher Education,
Haryana in respect of Certificate(s)/degree(s) issued by
Universities situated outside the State of Haryana
(ii) Registrar of the concerned University in the State which
has issued the certificate (s)/diploma(s)/degree(s).
(iii) Director Secondary Education, Haryana in respect of
certificate(s)/diploma(s)/degrees issued by National Open
School, Central Board of Secondary Education, ICSE or any
other State Board of Education in the country
(iv) The Secretary Board of School Education, Haryana,
Bhiwani in respect of Matriculation and 10+2 certificates
issued by it or by the Haryana Open School.
22. Uttrakhand (i) K.S. Bisht, Under Secy. GED
(ii) Shri N.S. Dungariyal
Tel: 0135/2712802-Secy, GAD, Mr. M.s.Khan Ramesh Rawat
Fax: 2712096 (ARO)
23. Puducherry Dr. Jayanta Kumar Ray, Director,
Fax: 0412-2254590, (0) 0413-2257831
24. Gujarat Shri.J.L.Patel, D.S
Shri.S.M.Mistry, U.S. GAD, Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar,