Konkani Student Scholarship
Article page |
Health page |
TD Temple Kochi
VIDHYAMURTH POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
ANUGRAHA CHARITABLE TRUST
WORLD KONKANI CENTRE CALLS APPLICATIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
World Konkani Student Scholarship Fund set up by World Konkani Centre, Mangalore, Invites applications for Scholarships-2011 from deserving Konkani Speaking Candidates seeking professional education in the stream of Engineering and MBBS. Eligibility Criteria will be as follows.
1. Only candidates with Konkani as mother tongue can apply for this scholarship regardless of cast and religion. Mother tongue certificate need to be provided while applying.
2. Only Candidates who are seeking admission to the FIRST year of the Engineering or MBBS course in 2011 can apply.
3. Only Candidates who scored above 70% in SSLC and in the core subjects in PUC and also secured a Ranking of 20,000 and below in the Entrance Examination can apply.
4. Only Candidates whose total Annual Income of the family is less than Rs. 2 Lakhs can apply. The references from Family Doctor and a Chartered Accountant should be provided in this regard while applying.
5. Student should be willing to sponsor 2 students after completion of studies and after securing employment and should contribute 20 days in a year to the community service.
Most deserving candidates will be selected on the basis of verifications by independent panelists and each of the selected candidates will be awarded scholarships amounting Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 40,000 for the Engineering and MBBS aspirants respectively.
Candidates fulfilling above criteria can apply Online for the Scholarships 2011 through an online application module set up by world Konkani Centre on their website: www.vishwakonkani.org Application module will be opened for applying from 5th June 2011. Application Module will be active only till the last date for application 20th June, 2011. Applications received in hardcopy will not be processed for the Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships 2011. Candidates can login to the website for more instructions on preparation for the application process and terms and conditions of the Scholarship Scheme.
‘Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund’ envisages grant of educational scholarship to economically backward students having Konkani language as their mother tongue. Instituted in the year 2010 as envisioned by the eminent thinker and corporate leader T.V.Mohandas Pai the VKSSF has successfully raised and distributed Rs. 50 Lakhs to 160 deserving Konkani Speaking students in the year 2010. Eminent Konkani Philanthropists like Dr. P. Dayanand Pai, Ramadas Kamath U., K. V. Kamath, Jagannath Shenoi, Dr. T. Ranjan Pai, Ronald Colaco, A. Annappa S. Kamath, Rohan Monteiro, Pradeep G. Pai and many more have come forwarded in support of this fund.
As the Fund is functioning on the basis of ‘Stream’ concept, the entire amount generated every year will be distributed to the beneficiaries and no separate corpus will be maintained. Contributions to the Fund will be eligible for Tax Exemption under section 80(G) of the Income Tax Act. An outlay of Rs. 1.5 Crore is envisaged for the distribution in the year 2011.
‘Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund’ is administered by a Governing Council comprising eminent personalities. U. Ramadas Kamath, Senior Vice President, Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore is the President of the Fund and Pradeep G. Pai, Managing Director of Hangyo Ice Creams Pvt. Ltd., is the secretary. The council is also guided by Basti Vaman Shenoy, the founder and the president of World Konkani Centre, Dr. Dayananda Pai the Chairman of Konkani Language and Cultural Foundation the mother body of World Konkani Centre and R.V. Deshpande, the Chairman Emeritus of the Foundation.
Press Note has been released by Venkatesh N. Baliga, Secreatary, Konkani Language and Cultural Foundation, Mangalore