- Interesting Aspects of His Life
Article page |
Health page |
Fruits and Vegetables
Heroes & Incredible peoples
There was a one hour interview on CNBC with
Warren Buffet, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to
charity. Following are some very interesting aspects of his life
- He bought his first share at age 11 and
he now regrets that he started too late!
- Things were very cheap that time
Encourage your children to invest
- He bought a small farm at age 14 with
savings from delivering newspapers.
- One could have bought many things
with little savings
- Encourage your children to start
some kind of business
- He still lives in the same small
3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha , that he bought after he got married
50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His
house does not have a wall or a fence.
- Don't buy more than what you "really
need" and encourage your children to do and think the same
- He drives his own car everywhere and
does not have a driver or security people around him.
- He never travels by private jet,
although he owns the world's largest private jet company.
- Always think how you can accomplish
- His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns
63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these
companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or
calls them on a regular basis.
- Assign the right people to the right
- He has given his CEO's only two rules.
- Rule number 1 : do not lose any of
your share holder's money.
- Rule number 2 : Do not forget rule
- Set goals and make sure people
focus on them
- He does not socialize with the high
society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some
pop corn and watch Television.
- Don't try to show off, just be your
self and do what you enjoy doing
- Warren Buffet does not carry a cell
phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
- Bill Gates, the world's richest man met
him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had
anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting
only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten
hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
- His advice to young people:
- "Stay away from credit cards (bank
loans) and invest in yourself and Remember:
- Money doesn't create man but it is
the man who created money.
- Live your life as simple as you
- Don't do what others say, just
listen them, but do what you feel good.
- Don't go on brand name; just wear
those things in which you feel comfortable.
- Don't waste your money on
unnecessary things; just spend on them who really in need rather.
- After all it's your life then why
give chance to others to rule our life."
- The HAPPIEST people DONOT
necessarily have the BEST of all.
- They simply APPRECIATE what they
find on their way”